Thursday, March 22, 2018

Courageous Women of the Bible by Latan Roland Murphy

Perhaps it was because I imagined this book being of a very different sort then it ended up to be, but I had hard time getting into it.  A ten page introduction for a 206 page book?  That was my first hurdle.  It then read too much like a textbook or manual to me.  I was looking for fresh insights into courageous women of the Bible.  I was hoping to "hear" their voices in the narrative but it was not written in the first person style.  The "Courage Quest"s at the end of each chapter were good.  The scripture passage is given for each courageous woman and then there are several questions to help the reader glean more from the story in a person way.  This added a redeeming quality to the book.

I received this book from Bethany but was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment