Monday, December 30, 2013

A Promise Kept by Robin Lee Hatcher

This book was totally not what I expected, but it was a delight.  Robin Lee Hatcher uses her own personal experience with divorce and God's tender mercy to the heartbroken to weave an enchanting story.  I could not put this book down.  I love the way she describes the main character searching to know God's will and the description of the way Christian friends can uphold and support someone during hard times.  The only caution I would have for readers is that if you are going through a divorce this may be a very hard book to read.  I have gone through a divorce and did not get the fairy tale ending that "Allison" received in this book but God was no less faithful to me.  So as you read the book it should be with a lot of prayer and with the assurance that God is with you just as described in this book - no matter what the outcome of your situation is.

I received this book from Booksneeze and was not required to write a favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment