Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Deception on Sable Hill by Shelley Gray

First I want to say that the author has some beautiful and meaningful things to say about self-worth and not letting a tragedy define who you are.  Ms Gray wrote some very profound conversations in regards to those subjects.

However, this book is part of a Chicago World’s Fair Mystery series.  This book had very little to do with the World’s Fair.  Brief mention is made of the fair but no details as to what was being presented during this time at the world’s fair.  I found that disappointing.  Along with this I found the plot a bit boring.  The romance section kept coming back to the same point over and over.  It didn’t seem to progress or move on and suddenly the couple was engaged.  It felt unrealistic.  The mystery part was not well developed and it was frustrating to just get snippets of that portion of the story but not enough to sink your teeth into.  I found myself waiting for something of significance to happen and it never really did.  It was a predictable plot and did not give me the intrigue I had hoped for.


I received this book from the publishers and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment