Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Out of the Embers by Amanda Cabot


I have enjoyed Amanda Cabot’s books before and am hesitant to write a less than positive review.  However, I found this book contained quite a bit of violent death.  Although, the author doesn’t describe the deaths in details there is enough wordage given to create visual images.  Murders by fire, slashing throats, etc.  At first, I thought okay she’s giving the back story and kept reading but there continued to be this type of essence to the story.  It is called a “chilling mystery” on the back cover.  I just didn’t expect it to be quite so full of cold-blooded killings.  The romance part of the book is sweet and enjoyable but it was ruined for me by too much of blood shed in the book. 

I received this book from the publishers and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment