Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Christmas Story for Children

By Max Lucado, Randy Frazee, and Karen Davis Hill

The illustrations of this book are gorgeous!  They are beautiful with tender feelings conveyed.  The cover caught my eye immediately and I was not disappointed by the art work in the book.  It was a treat for the eyes.

This is the best book I’ve read for young children to explain the incarnation of Christ.  Of all the ways I’ve heard it explained to young children about the miracle of Mary having a baby when she wasn’t married yet – this book’s words are the most precious, gentle and wonderful way I’ve ever heard to help a young child understand.  The story details the time before Christ’s birth up to his baptism and beginning ministry in words that children can relate to.  I liked the description of the special people God had prepared for the birth and ministry of His Son:  Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and John the Baptist.   It is interesting, engaging and emotionally touching.  It makes Jesus real.


I received this book from the publishers and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment