Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The LIttle Paris Bookshop by Nina George

I have a love/hate relationship with this book.  The hate part is I don't like the heroine's love affair with two men at the same time.  I had forgotten this was translated from French and that their views are much more open about relationships than I am accustomed too.  It rubs me the wrong way to imagine, read about or condone being involved with two men at the same time.  Having said that let me tell you about what I love about this book.

The author creates complex characters that you're not sure if you even like but end up loving.  I enjoyed the way the relationships developed between various characters.  As the reader discovers what each character's hidden pain is you are drawn into the story more and more deeply.  At times the tale felt too heartbreaking to continue reading.  Yet I couldn't stop turning the pages.  The amazing way friendships and soulmates find each other in this book leaves a warm glow in the heart.

The core of this book is about forgiveness to others and to oneself.  Love in many different forms and ways of expression are validated in this story.

The best part of this book is the way that the seemingly random ways one person comes into another's life led to deep healing and profound love over and over throughout the story with a wide cast of different personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment