Monday, December 4, 2017

31 Proverbs to Light Your Path by Liz Curtis Higgs

The cover of this book is so beautiful it caught my eye immediately.  I thought I like the proverbs and this will be a good devotional book for the month.  After reading the first chapter it was so good I went on to read the next chapter.  Needless to say I didn’t stick with my one chapter a day plan.  The author fills the pages with honest, open, narrative of her own experiences that other women can easily relate to.  She even encourages us that if we think we can’t relate to a certain topic in a proverb to think of it in a new way that can apply to our lives.  Each chapter ends with a short personalized prayer and then a “One Minute, One Step” exercise.  This is the very best part of the book!  In each “One Minute, One Step” portion the reader is given a 60 second assignment.  Liz challenges us to take the 60 second plunge and do it right then and not put it off to later.  She is right on about doing the challenge while the devotional is still fresh in your mind.   For example interesting challenges for your soul like putting money away in an envelope and carrying it around in your purse praying for the right person to give it to.  Or swallowing our pride and picking one thing we need help with and then asking someone to join us in that task.  These short challenges are fun and packed with meaningful self-insights.  I loved it!

This book was given to me by Blogging for Books but I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment