Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Blessed Are the Misfits by Brant Hanson

Incredible!  Comforting!  Awesome!  Inspiring!  Assuring! I want to put exclamation after exclamation in my review of this book.  Brant Hansen has a very different outlook and inner look at spiritual matters that really blessed  my heart.  Over and over his words said to me:  I am okay to God.  The worse thing that Christians do to themselves or to each other is to give a sense of judgment for things we have no right judging in ourselves or others.  The words in this book very pointedly, often with humor or startling bluntness, tell me that God is someone that can be depended on even when I can't feel Him, see Him or understand what is going on.  At first glance the opening words of this book might seem sacriligous or discouraging because of the lack of emotion.  But I found that actually understanding that we don't have to be on a spiritual "high" to receive God's grace and love is extremely calming to my soul and gives me such a sense of peace.  The stories shared and ideas discussed are really deep.  I found myself reading a line and then sitting there and thinking:  Wow... Just wow what a God we have. 

I received this book from book bloggers and was not required to write a positive review.

1 comment: